CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Rebekah

Well, today's a year since Amanda's baby girl, Rebekah passed way. I'll admit, it hasn't been one of the easiest days, but not as sucky as it was last year. And today I've come to a major realization.


I'm not so sad for Rebekah anymore. Don't take that wrong, I really wish she was here, and sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to watch her and Sam every day after school, but I'm not sad that she got to stay up there with Heavenly Father. As I've said on this blog before, I'm honored to be the aunt of someone who was "too pure, too lovely to live upon the earth." And once again, as I've said before on this blog, I can't wait to meet her.

Who I'm more sad for, is Amanda. I know how hard this was on her, and I think it's amazing how well she's come through it. Her example to me has changed my perspective on things this past year, through her faith and obedience in the Lord's will. I'm so impressed with how she's dealt with it. I honestly have never met such a strong woman in my life. So even though I'm sad for her loss, for Andee's, and for Sam's loss, I'm so glad for Amanda's strong, testimony-building example of faith. I don't know if you'll read this anytime soon Amanda, but I hope you know how great of an example you are to me. And I'm really grateful for that.

And Amanda, if you do read this, even if you aren't part of the "Eternal duo", I still consider you to be one of my best friends. And as you wrote on your blog, I'm grateful to have grown up in a family where the words "I love you" are exchanged so often as well.

I love you Amanda.

0 comments: