CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

My new blog

A lot of people I know have been getting blogs, so I decided I would follow the trend. I know, I'm only 15, there's not much to blog about, but I really love writing. It's always been something I can do. I can write about anything.

So, here's my blog. I guess I'll write about why I titled it "My time to shine".

Part 1:
About a month ago, I started my Sophomore year at Shadow Ridge. I like most of my classes, and for some reason I like my Health class a lot. But most everyone who I talk to on a regular basis knows that I think my Health teacher is full of crap. Sometimes he says the most stupid things, it just gets me really annoyed, and I want to argue with him really bad. But--less often--he says some pretty smart things. He talks to us a lot about how our Sophomore year changes everything. Sophomore year doesn't seem like anything special, but the transition from Sophomore to Junior is big. He talks about how in four years we'll be able to vote for President, and in this year, we're beginning our lives as part of society. I think he has a good point. High School, especially Junior and Senior year, can be the beginning of your life. It's when you start to decide what you want to be when you "grow up". As of right now, I have no clue what I want to be, but I'll elaborate on that more later.

Part 2:
I'm the youngest of four kids. I have two older sisters, Amanda and Hannah, and an older brother, Trevor. Amanda just got her Masters Degree at BYU in Marriage and Family Therapy (I'm almost positive that's right), and lives here in Vegas with her husband, Andee. Trevor lives in Provo, Utah with his wife, Jamie, and daughter, Kendra, and is attending UVU. (Unless they changed the name again). Hannah just went up to Provo as well to start college at BYU.

I really look up to all my siblings, and I think they all set an awesome example for me in their own different way. Amanda is one of the strongest people I know. I really think Trevor is a great leader, and a big goofball. Hannah is a really, really hard worker. I admire all of them.

And so, I'm finally getting to my point. My Health teacher told us that this is "our time to shine". And even though I worry about it too much, I am really excited to start my adult life soon. I want to follow in all my siblings footsteps in some way. So that's me, and this is my time to shine.

0 comments: