CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Weeks of Excitement: Chapter 1

This summer, I've had some really fun things planned. Now that they're all over, and I'll probably be home for the rest of the month, I'll show them to you.

These "fun things" were all planned in weeks. Four weeks, to be exact. The first week was Girls Camp, followed by a week that I got to spend at home. Then there was EFY, Cross Country Camp, and our family vacation to Colorado. So here is "Chapter one: Girls Camp".

Ok. So this year at Girls Camp, I got to be a YCL. This was probably one of the most fun weeks of Girls Camp, but also one of the most busy. I had the opportunity to work with some really awesome girls, including our three YCL leaders, Sister Covey, Sister Graf, and Sister Rowe. I knew Sister Graf from previous experiences of being in the Beehive Presidency, but I'd never met Sister Covey or Sister Rowe. And let me tell you, they're the coolest leaders I think I've ever had. I really miss them.

So in January, Sister Covey (who I'd never heard of in my life before this point) called me and told me they were having a YCL retreat. (I can't remember when this happened....) So I was kind of iffy on this, because Tiffany wasn't going to go (because she wasn't planning on going to Girls Camp at the time) and I was just unsure of whether or not I wanted to meet all these girls because I wasn't sure if I was going to camp either.

So eventually I decided to go, and I had a lot of fun! I found out that I actually knew a lot of the girls, and I got to know them better in just that one night. We played all sorts of games, and brainstormed for our theme at camp, and it was just really fun. I was itching more and more towards going to camp.

So every Thursday from that point on, we had meetings. At these meetings we did a large variety of things. From making posters for 1st aid clinics and the camp kickoff, to throwing our banner and night tucks together at nearly the last minute. Finally, as I got to know how awesome these girls were, I decided to go to camp, and so did Tiffany!

So finally, the day came when we all had to wake up earlier than normal, grab our pillows, and head to camp. And it was so awesome! In my tent was Tiffany, Katie, Ashley, and KD. I got to know and love these girls so much more than I already did before camp. We had a lot of time with our ward which I really enjoyed, even though I thought I wouldn't because of the recent ward split. I also had a lot of really spiritual experiences throughout the week that helped my testimony grow a lot. So here are just a few of the many pictures I have from this week.


This is our whole group of YCL's on the second day, in our matching shirts!


This is us on the last full day, after we all practiced singing our beautiful song, We Believe.

And this, down below is Kelsey, Ashtynn, Alexa and I on the first day. All the YCL's from Iron Mountain!

1 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad you were a YCL and that I had the opportunity to get to know and love you, too! Thank you for being such a GREAT leader, willing to do anything for anyone, and for convincing Tiffany to go. You always make me smile, even at 6am at seminary! Thanks for being my friend....for forever!!!!!!!