CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Laughing

Lately, people have been so dramatic. But instead of letting their drama get into my life and letting it make me angry at someone who did something to them, but not to me, I laugh. It's strange, but ever since I've been thinking about turning 16 in May, I've been becoming less and less excited. It seems like when you're 15, you can easily say "No" to a guy that asks you out because you automatically have the "I can't date till I'm 16" thing. But in a matter of months I'm not going to be 15 anymore! And I'm not all that excited to date anymore. I want to drive really badly, but dating isn't up on my list of priorities anymore. I'm a little afraid of turning 16 because suddenly it seems like you're really growing up. You have so much more freedom, but so much more responsibility. It's a scary thought for me.


Anyways, where I'm going with this rant is that honestly, 10 years from now, will it matter who you dated in High School? I know with some people it does matter, because there sometimes are such things as "High School Sweethearts" but that seems kind of weird to me. I want to marry someone who's already been on their mission. And I am definitely not waiting for anyone to get off their mission. I know from seeing it happen myself that sometimes waiting for two years doesn't work out, and I don't want to put myself in that position. 

Again, where I'm going with this rant is the question:
Will it matter in 10 years? Will it matter who you liked? Will it matter what that cute boy said to you with that charming smile of his that made you think "I love him"? But then of course you immediately shook that thought out of your mind because you're 15 years old, come on. Will it matter in 10 years which ridiculous pants that girl you were gossiping about was wearing? 

Sure, during my Freshman year when I was 14 and still a little on the immature side, I thought "I really love him. I do. And I could wait for him to get off his mission and we'll go to the same college and we'll get married." I thought stupid things like that. But I've learned that things just do not work like that. I even asked my oldest sister, Amanda, if she ever thought she was in love when she was my age. She did. So I'm not the only one. Now that I think of it, I'm glad I've gotten past that phase. I know I'm not in love with anyone...and I never was. I'm glad I've stopped thinking about dating boys for a while. It's kind of refreshing, to look back and realize how idiotic they all are. 

So, instead of reincarnating my stupid 14-year-old Freshman self and saying I'm in love with that guy with the "beautiful brown eyes that light up when he sees me" or the guy with the "smile that can always make me smile back", I laugh. I laugh at the people who were just like me. I don't laugh at them in a mean way, but more in a way that I laughed at myself and they'll laugh at themselves when they get a reality check.

Ha ha.

0 comments: